Ceremony for beacons (as if hahaha)

Monumental, people. Weird, funny, but special.

Like my course and me. Hehehe.

Nov. 14, 2006. A special day for the nurses of the UST College of Nursing batch 2009. Capping na kasi.

During the day (esp. in the am) marami pang nangyari, pero I’ll just limit my chitchat here to just some
fun points…

First Impression: Ako sa totoo nung una ala lang sa kin, as in la ako paki coz I thought it was just some regular program. Pero goodness, we had to march pala sa aisle (think like graduation, with graduation music accompaniment pa, which I initially thought was not serious nung una pero well…un na un, hahahaha!)

Practice: The day before, san ka pa!? But I guess the faculty members have obviously done this before to other batches, so I just let them instruct us. Pati nurse’s hymn (oo, meron, adik!) that day rin lng tinuro. Sintunado at hopeless daw kami sabi ni Ma’am Famorca (super cool at super galing na head ng faculty), but whatever, we’re not in the music course naman ah, so let us be…wehehe!

Costume: Full duty outfit (with apron). During practice sabi sa min magpaayos dw kmi ng bun sa ibng tao para maayos daw at di kami sabog pag umakyat ng stage. Ako yoko naman tlg, coz of course first of all I hate wearing makeup and having other people touch my crowning glory coz it’s soo not me, and second, I thought nga la lng ung program (I even discouraged my parents to go coz it’s a waste of their precious time).

But my ma got wind of my capping affair, so naturally, I came to Dapitan looking like Barbie or somethin’…(bsta I think the blushies are too thick for me)

Checkpoints: Seryoso, galing nila sa sistema! Mga nars tlg oh…we were told to fall in line…tawa na lang ako ksi funny parang checkpoint tlg xa eh! It really surprised (and impressed) me.

(1) 2nd flr, skills lab. Check outfit if complete and spotless. If yes, prof will insert something where the cap will be secured. (Boys no need, duh)

(2) Next room. Check uniform (again, yes). If ok, get lamp and candle from prof.

(3) 4th flr med audi. No entry until marching time. No bags allowed. No things in apron pocket.

(4) At entry, stop. 3 profs will fix you up right before marching up the aisle.

(5) Side of stage. Apron pocket check. Prof checkup x2.

Dilemma ko tlg ksi 3x ako nasita, hehehe. From that small spot sa white shoe ko (I scrubbed it with chlorox and laundry soap, ano pa ba) up to that last checking na may cell ako sa apron…ay, bisto tlg…adik mga prof ko but I love them all naman, cool cla lahat, so far la pa tlg ako na-eencounter na ‘epal’ or ‘not good enough’ dito sa nursing, which is great news, of course.

Ceremony: So what did I do? Hmm…well inilawan muna namin ung lamp namin (Mark lit my candle, pinag-usapan pa namin un, hahaha over) then tinawag kami, two at a time sa stage. Then nilagyan ng caps while kneeling.

Confession: Hmm, kakahiya man aminin pero siguro kung hindi dahil kay Spongky na nagjjoketime sa tbi ko at kay KR, Carla, Jo na naging source of distraction, at kay Mark na nagpatawa sa kin, naluha siguro ako sa ceremony. Hehehe.

Visitors: Mama. I thought la xa balak pmunta, pero well kahit dinissuade na go go pa rin xa, yehey! Parked at SM San Lazaro and walked all the way back to Med building for me. Aw. It also moved me na si Sahia ko balak pla go pero may class pa xa nun. But the thought counted a lot for me.

Hayun, e di eto na, Anniline Chua Teng, SN, signing off…god bless you.

No comments: