Si Pilantod

Call it a serious case of inner child indulgence, but I was rather fascinated with this kid story book written by Yolanda Guevarra-Dolor. Si Pilantod: Ang Asong Tatlo ang Tuhod is about a brave mutt who yearns to prove himself useful despite knowing what the world has to say about him.

I don't really know what the big deal is with this tale... must be the cute graphics which I appreciated, or maybe the way I associated him with our dog, Lebron (ooohh the dreaded thought of 'what if Lebron had only three knees instead of four, poor baby...'). Maybe it's the endearing camaraderie of personified mammals and fowls...or the rivalry within (you'll have to read to find out more^^). While my aunt and mom insist that it's nothing special, I was drawn to the story like a child develops a fixation to a colorful candy store.

Hehehe...Anni's being a kid...

But don't be fooled by the cutesy animations- the main theme of the story is animal cruelty. And adding to the appealing points for me is its unpredictability.

The biggest impact came to me in the climax- the main hero saving the spiteful antagonist (oops spoiler, nyehehehe)- the canine saving the human who had tried to kill him and was then after his life.

Hahaha. I love it!

No comments: