Lessons from Wikichurch

What I learned from reading Wikichurch:

1. There is no such thing as "mature enough" for any Christian. I believe that we are all in working progress until the Lord comes. Like the way Jesus had first sent the twelve, we are being given the holy commission to make disciples of all nations. Note that these men were uneducated commoners who were, by their social standards, not that significant. If I wait for the day til I reach that "maturity" that most people wish for, then I'm never gonna be ready. Why? Because growth can only come by obeying God and doing the holy work He has assigned to us.

2. Discipleship is a relationship, so it requires deep and patient understanding. Everyone has a unique walk with God. Not everyone can see or understand things the way I do. Even if we are all in the same faith, we are not- and will never be- exactly alike. I ought to concern myself with understanding the special needs of the people around me and keeping myself open enough to help them in God's love. Patience and understanding. And mercy. Hehehe. 

3. Discipleship must be fun. Some time before, one of my advisers asked me, "Are you having fun (with fellowship)?" I thought it was a minor thing...until I thought about it deeply and realized that I should not miss that significant point. All relationships must have a fun factor. Not all the time, but it MUST be pleasant and nurturing for all those engaged. Especially for Christians, this must not be missed. Oo nga naman. Saan ba ko nakakita ng "cute couple" na hindi masaya at kinikilig?

Sounds too basic? Yeah, but these are striking for me...makes me wonder... hmmm

That's it. :)

No comments: