Somnolent detachment

(I'm guilty of this...hehehe)

I flip through a book in the afternoon
The soft yellow rays shining in my room
I stretch like a lazy cat on my bed
Knowing past my reading what I'd be doing instead

Line after line, my eyes move in time
With the hum of the fan, playing like a rhyme
While processing the book content, feeling rested
My wakeful guard slips away, spinning my head

I fight the yearning of my eyelids feeling heavy
Urging them to read on despite losing quickly
Line after line and page after page
Blurs into nothing in my clouded cage

I flip through more slowly, my consciousness ebbing
Struggling through the hum of a lullaby fading
Losing clear sight of the faint yellow lighting
And in one final moment, losing grip and falling

Willfully giving in to my somnolent need
The defensive comforts of reality's deed
Making my escapade from the realm of grims
Surrendering into the loving snare of timeless dreams

...

2 comments:

KZRemojo said...

Guilty of falling asleep while reading, eh? ;-p I wonder anong book yung binabasa mo

Wildcard07 said...

ANY book causes me to fall asleep, keni, esp in the afternoon...the main ingredient in the equation is my bed. (17 years ko na kasi hnihigaan yun, so once i smell it and just come in contact with it...zzzzz) hahaha!

but i have an assignment for you- do look up for the term "somnolent detachment," and tell me what you think...^^