Bright Lights Ahead

Just a while ago, I was immersed in my own thought of the past. I thought of my mistakes, my failures...and supposed...

What if I didn't make those mistakes?
What if I did it all right?
or...
What if I could go back and undo the ropes?
...

I know in my experience that I ought to put a stop to this useless exercise and continue on to the future, putting aside the things I can't change. And so I'm diverting this by writing and saying it out to dii. So far, here's the insight I have:

I took a look at my pending readables (courtesy of Ptr. Sur)...and to my astonishment, it contained a persisting message which I've been getting for the past few days:

(Jer. 29: 11-14)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you."
...

I guess I am afraid of the future. But as Zion and I talked of... God is our security.

Here are a few more notes on this-
1. face the consequences of our little mistakes- accept!
2. develop the discernment to stay within the path of righteousness
3. learn full dependence on God
4. live on! yaaaahhh!

*Be careful not to write your own scripts- do not assume that what you have in mind is exactly what God wants.

And now, I shall sleep.^^

1 comment:

KZRemojo said...

Amen, and amen! Psalm 139:16 "All the days ordained for you were already WRITTEN." Wow, talk about divine destiny! That's what you have, that's what we Christians have :-D

Grabe ka Ate Penny, inunahan mo ko mag-blog sa ganitong topic. "Maliwanag ang Bukas" --that was the original title of a blog of mine na ipa-publish ko soon pero nasa drafts pa lang now. tsk, naunahan mo ko, haha!

I agree 100% --Bright Lights Ahead!!!

"The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining EVER BRIGHTER till the full light of the day!"
(Proverbs 4:18)

Walang nang mas sasarap pa sa pagiging isang Kristiyano. :-)