Falling Stars Are Pretty

I used to be a idealist
A dreamer in every sense
But in such a tale, here comes the twist
I'm stuck in the darkness of suspense

I used to think all is possible
With just a yearning, I can soar through heights
But like a star on its due date, I'm taking the fall
Burned out and fading, losing its light

Falling stars are pretty nonetheless
When they're crying and humbled at their best
When they're learning and growing through the bitterness
They glow more beautifully past the emotional mess

Falling stars can be pretty nonetheless
When they crash and burn into a million pieces
Let me now have my dazzling finale in the limelight
And tomorrow I'll have my comeback in a better light

1 comment:

KZRemojo said...

I have so many things to say when it comes to a "fall"

This poem entry reminds me of the Phoenix - a bird risen from its ashes into a glowing and firey being.

After a "fall", there's nowhere to go but up. There are times when we need to "die" in order to truly "live". In order for someone to live, someone has to die. For something to begin, one thing has to end. Jesus and the apostle Paul said it beautifully (John 12:24 & 1 Corinthians 15:36)

In our weakest moment, when all natural reason for hoping is lost. . .be glad - 'cause at that exact point of time, Strength is on its way.