Wanting His Reason

Recently, I have been more than a little sulky about losing my shot at one of my most precious ambitions. It was a long wait before I realized that dream. It takes me a while to make my decisions, but when I do put my bills on something, I am not one to typically sit around and wait for the stars to fall on me. I am the go-getter who believes that good things come to those who go for it. 

But I was then stuck in this very profound disappointment. Why, Lord... I asked... for many weeks I had asked that, even with the idea that I don't deserve anything and I am at his mercy. I simply wanted his reason.

I realize that when God puts away one of our toys, He leads our eyes to notice a more suitable one... and I believe that whatever he puts in my hand, I'd be satisfied because He is more than enough for me.

No comments: