Walkout

I'm sorry for hurting you the way I did
I regret telling you you're all that I need
In fact you're the only one in my heart
And I wish we didn't have to walk away, apart

Should I have held my tongue and strongly denied
Your heart that you offered with all your mind?
No, never! But now as I'm watching you leave
I wish I had said otherwise and refused to receive...

The heart of my love- your heart, your heart... 
You know I care for all that you are. 
My leaving is not just your loss, but mine. 
(But I've scanned the skies for more than a sign.) 
In the silence, my heart cries out to you:
I would not leave you if I didn't love you.

Not if I didn't know what is meant to be, 
Not if He didn't tell me to set you free. 
You say I'm strong so I let you go,
But I say He's strong, so I did let go. 
God knows my heart- and you know what's true: 
I would not leave you if I didn't love you. 

I would not leave you if I didn't love you. 

No comments: