third year jitters

Glad that I finished my required physical exam just this tuesday with a 'physically fit' remark on my health record. I was rather jittery about the chest x-ray but it came out clear, anterior and posterior view. Yey.

I haven't enrolled though. Somehow my registration form won't print when my bro, in his brotherly love for me, attempted to enroll me without my knowledge. The person at the counter said I 'need advising.' Either it was a technical glitch or someone decided to stop me from getting into the next hurdle. I texted my kind adviser and asked if there was anything said about me during the last deliberation. She answered negative. I looked at the list of students who need to see the dean. My name was not there.

So now I have to wait for the 5th before I can check and get my answers as to why I can't enroll. I got the cash. I got my grades. What's wrong with me?

Somehow I felt inadequate when I got the news. But with the encouragement of my mentor and friend, Ma'am Ditas, I deflected it.

Funny I should be rattled by this. I think I should just learn to be patient and to have faith in God however things look. I had to sing out, "Trust, trust in the Lord, lean not on your own understanding...in all, all of your ways, acknowledge him...he'll make your paths straight..." just to put me back on my right thinking.

Giving more credit to my mother:

I feel that I have always lived in fear of my mother. Well we should respect our parents but I sure have a great fear of her, kahit na dumating na yung time na nagiging friends na kami. Recently I was given a clearer view of my mother's ways of showing her love and concern for me, which I somehow missed through the years. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. It's a tough love between us, but I saw how much she'd give just to make sure I'm fine.

Ayun.

No comments: