Like roses...*baw*

I dug this out of my old files...according to the properties of the file, around August-September 2007 ko siya ginawa...^^ Tell me what you think!

I realize that in this life
There’s no such thing as safe
That in all walks, for every one
Somehow things will be gone

A degree I earned, now much abused
A sculpted body, now sagging with age
A critical mind, all the more confused
A stolid face, cosmetics can’t change

A lot I bought, sold to another
A love I saw, won’t find again
A recognition, why even bother
A dream fulfilled, I left forgotten

All these can bear our names in print
But more than such labels which endure a stint
Our shells of living- like these- will expire
Will fade away like roses- and in time, retire
Upon this bed where there’s no more waking
Save for roses which shake off their dews in mourning

Which is why we must be brave
To accept that we can never save
Piled-up treasures we strive to keep
But will lose in eternal sleep!

No comments: