My nth nonesense entry

My final breath

I have gone from you, and you are free.

The battle has been fought, and won for you.
At the price of my silence, you, love...are free.
In my heart I know it's the best I can do.

I am left to bleed and die in sight
Of the sun that mocks me as it slowly blurs.
But I smile, I cry...in despair, delight
For you know I love you...I loved you first.

Washing with the tides of fate, so fickle,
I count my final hours that remain.
I'm counting the sands of time which trickle
And shift finely, steadily...down the drain.

I wish for nothing than death's compassion,
In my despair where you are far.
I am nothing but empty, existing in confusion,
With realizations and hopes...of a dying star.

I am weary and tired and in need of rest.
When I will have them, I know not for sure.
If this is a struggle, let me pass this test.
Come wisdom embrace me and be my cure.

Would you kindly reach out and pull me through
This pain that so consumes me more?
I know this is foolish- but I haven't a clue
On how to pick what's left of me from the floor.

No comments: