May sakit si kuya (at ako ang nars niya)

For the rare instance, may sakit ang kuya ko. He's got pharyngitis (strep throat) and an unlicensed nurse to take care of him- that's me! Hmm. Siyempre as usual parang distant ako kung kausapin siya (it's a shobe thing), but of course, I do make myself ever ready for anything he needs. By experience I know he's not tolerant of emo shows, so I make sure I don't make it obvious that I'm concerned.

Tsk...mahirap lang talaga kapag si sahia ang may sakit. Siyempre, una he has to miss his classes so he can rest. Papaano kaya yung exams niya? And for a guy who's used to a fast-paced life I'm sure hindi niya trip maglagi sa bahay nang mag-isa. Sa totoo lang kung puwede nga lang akong magstay sa bahay para may babantay sa kanya round-the-clock, why not...but then again I just have to go about my work tomorrow and let mama take care of things.

I'm worried though...kasi even before he became symptomatic, I already had a scratchy throat and a headache for 2 days. Hindi kaya ako ang nag-spread ng bacteria?? Dito pa man din sa min hindi uso ang 'get your own glass' policy. Nako, huwag naman sana...(but yeah, my throat feels scratchy)

And just for the fun of it, I made a raw mental listing...well, now it's a written list-

Some Nx problems:

  • Risk for fluid volume deficit
  • Fever
  • Pain
  • Altered nutrition: less than body requirements
  • Anxiety

Tx plan:

  • Increase oral fluid intake
  • Offer small frequent meals (soft diet)
  • Let him have any food or drink he wants unless contraindicated
  • Assist in walking as necessary
  • Give meds (Zinacef, paracetamol q4) as ordered by the Px
  • Let him use my new uber comfy pillow (yung niregalo niya sa kin)
  • Provide health teachings in layman's terms
  • Inform him of the potential adverse effects to watch out for in taking Zinacef and require him to take meals before taking it!!!
  • Avoid wearing thick clothes and using more than one blanket
  • Provide adequate room ventilation

Kaya nga bawal magkasakit eh. I'm just not used to my bro getting sick...sigh. I'm praying that his pain be relieved quickly.

No comments: