On the last day of her summer vacation, she ate halo halo...

Babaw pero yeah, I ate halo halo just today, thanks to my brother.:) It's not the simple street halo halo that I have been wishing to eat all summer long, but it's close enough.

Kasi before summer started I had been craving for halo halo. The heat gets to you...you must know how that feels, unless you've been staying too cooped up in the house for too long...anyway ayun, I remarked to several friends that I want to eat street halo halo. Yeah, for all I know I can just walk to chowking one of my visiting days to ust, but I did not want to, because I wanted street halo halo. If it's not that, then I'm not eating any.

So there. Months passed. I fixed my papers. I enrolled. We had duty. Still no halo halo anywhere. I kept on looking for it. But of course, since I am limited to these common places I am permitted to go to...well, I did not get what I want. Hahahaha.

And just when I thought I'd end my summer without it, my brother suddenly gave me one...yeah, it's a deliver from chowking, but okay...can't ask for something that's not there...so I ate happily.

Hahahahaha. Iba na talaga ang walang magawa. On other things...

Kanina nga puro ako You Tube, American Idol...ewan. I still think David Archuleta has more voice quality than David Cook, who's admittedly got more spazz than the former. Aww. But okay, I love them both anyway, so it's not so bad. Pero basta mas cute si Archie...and si Jason Castro, love the eyes and the dreadlocks...man...

Si Lebron may lungkot sa mata (parang kanta lang ah), hahaha...talk about having a dog like that...mukhang pitiful na sick...but I checked, and he's physically okay. Kanina ayaw kumain...so I literally fed him from my hand...so laway laway ng dog on the palm...eeewy, had to wash off three times to ensure cleanliness.

I am severely itching to mop the whole house floor. I am just waiting for my aunt to finish dusting and sweeping before I can get to work properly. Kahapon pa yan. Pending na nga yung mop, nalabahan ko na the night before...it's just hanging around there waiting. Hahahaha. Basta, hindi ako matutulog nang hindi ko nammop ang sahig.

At ang pinakaimportante sa lahat...I am anxious about my devotional schedule with the Lord (reading the Bible on a daily basis...which I hope to furnish into a solid habit)...since it's like eating. Sa lahat ng hirap akong magawa, ito na marahil ang pinakakalbaryo sa akin. Grabe ang temptations...which keeps me from growing daily. Katamaran, tulog, kain...dota...I hate it. My weaknesses are overwhelming. But it's not an excuse. (The Lord makes my feet the feet of a deer...sa Habakkuk ata yun...) Di ba to keep ourselves physically fit, we have to eat regularly and on time. Likewise, spiritual fitness comes from knowing God better on a daily basis through meditating on the word day and night. Ayan, sa Joshua nga pala un...

``This book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth,
but you shall MEDITATE in it day and night,
that you may observe to DO
according to all that is written in it.
For then you will make your way prosperous,
and then you will have good success.''
- Joshua 1:8
With that, I feel that it is important to maintain that level of vigilance on reading the word daily, kahit na may pasok pa o may duty pa. It's always comfortable to be lazy, part of human nature yan eh. But I must fight that human nature. It's got to be a habit to go get my Bible and read. Parang ligo. I can't just take a bath once a year. To be able to grow in faith and wisdom, I must strive to get away from the usual droll of the day and find time to be with the Lord...read and understand the key to live forever, which is the Bible.

Oo nga naman. Everything around us dies. But only God lasts forever and transcends time. And he knowing the way to eternal life knows best in all that we do. Again, like in my other similar entry...It's not about me and these people around me. It's about my relationship with the Lord.

Sana talaga...no, let the Lord have his way with me...na hindi ako bibitiw sa spiritual growth dahil sa nursing career ko at the opening of a tougher semester.

No comments: