Proof

Just recently, a girl asked me how I got the unwavering trust in God. So I wondered there for a moment, "How do you get to that point wherein your trust in God is the surest thing there is for you?"

In my logician mind I pondered before answering. The girl who was asking me was a new believer. Should I shoot Biblical statements regarding Christian salvation? Should I answer from the doctrine? 

There are many possible ways to answer this sudden question, but here's what I gave her so far:

If you're looking for a definitive proof of God's existence, then there is none. But I can tell you that there are moments when I sit back and think about my life. From the time when I had received the Lord to the recent times, I must say that I am truly better off...much better than before, than the last year, than the last month... I love God more oday than yesterday. Had God not been here, then I would not have lived this long. 

She asked me, "Are you happy?"

Yes! Of course life is not perfect and there are problems. But the problems do not matter so much when I know God is taking care of me. I may even create the problems but as long as I am surrendering them all honestly to God, then I am growing. And I am all the more free and happy. And at peace. :) 

"You really must have some self-control..."

I cannot ever be strong all by myself. It's all about God.

I realize that no matter how hard we search for irrefutable proof of God's existence, we may never find any, unless of course we look all around and connect the natural world to the supernatural world...and realize that this is all God's order of things. 

And because we have no absolute proof for human perspective/logic, then all we have, is, humbly...our life testimony. For me, this is overly humbling, being chosen by God to represent...to be his ambassadors to unbelievers. It is an extraordinary mission to be sent by the Lord to continue what he has started. *sigh*

No comments: