i'll make long kwento na lang the peachie way, hehehe

At the moment my watch ticks 5:36:15 pm (ahahaha adik) as I think about what to put up here. Hmm...

SURPRISES of the recent times:

Saturday- met Shane again after a very (as in) very long time of not seeing each other (due to my tasks na rin partly)...chitchat, then went over to Tif and Therese's place to visit...

Monday- practice over at my PE classmate's house...had to come up with a routine for swing test and teach it to my groupie right before the following day of PE test (aaaaaaa)...but we did well, especially my ahia jo, galing gumiling (as if naman may igigiling wahauahauaha, joke- bad tlg ako)

Tuesday- met our new CI, Miss Tan...made rounds at our new ward sa hospital. FIRST TIME experience ako ng CODE BLUE, meaning naghihingalo na- dun pa sa ward namin...some 63 year-old woman whom one of my team mates was supposed to handle, take vital signs of.

(visualize this: bigla n lng mgssound off ng announcement sa megaphone dun sa nurses' station, then stampede ang mga interns and docs who want to give a free hand- pati mga usyoso papasok pa...imagine our startled expressions as they all rushed in and crammed into room 319-C (nasa rm 317 lng kmi, at buti la gaano pasyente dun now, which according to my CI is a rarity))

ANG MALUPIT pa niyan, ung pasyente ko, katabi lang nung bed niya (come on, it's in the charity division, so wlang partition, same room lang cla):

While one of the interns was desperately trying to revive the dying patient, both feet at kneeling position on one side of the bed pa ka mo, pumping all the way (kulang n nga lang lumusot ung old woman dun sa kama- as in! hahaha) hinanap ko ung woman patient ko. No sign of her anywhere. Tapos umikot ako (literally), and then parang larong pong taya, ung babae dun sa tapat ng bed niya sinabi sa kin:

"Ay, hinahanap niyo ba po ung pasyente jan?"

"Opo, san po?"

"Ay, dun sa labas, tumakbo sa taranta."

I thanked the lady and went out to find her. I found her- short wavy black hair, thick-rimmed glasses and wearing pink pa, fine. She restlessly walked back and forth there in front of the nurse station, clutching her floral orange bag and fanning nonstop with a folded Abante tabloid (you get the pic). I introduced myself and let her sit two rooms away from her real room. This is what happened pala:

She was awake with her daughter there on her bed when all these people came in because of the code blue thang. No one needed to tell her- she immediately jumped down from her bed and rushed out- kumaripas ng takbo, naunahan pa niya ung anak niyang babae, si 'Cathy' (also wearing pink, san ka pa!?). I laughed with her para hindi na siya mataranta- at para makuhanan ko na rin ng normal niyang vital signs, kasi naman ano, ang taas ng readings niya due to that event! So nadelay kami ng lunch break because of me and my delayed task (and what am I supposed to do, anyway? she was just being human, and patients are always top priority).

Later namatay nga ung patient na nirerevive...sinaksakan ng mga hormones but still...she's really expired, as we term it properly. My patient's still jumpy then, yaw tuloy bumalik ng room dahil dun. kahit pa nung nilinisan na ng staff nurses ung lugar, ala, yaw pa rin niya...I wonder if we'll still meet next week..? siguro naman by then solved na yang takot niya sa patay (o namamatay, whatever's worse for her).

Ako sa totoo lng first time ko mkakakita so I was rather in subconscious shock (if ever there is such a thing) during the afternoon. How easily life passes...hmm...

No comments: