Harrassed.

Aaaaaa!!!

I was waiting for my brother to pick me up just yesterday night outside McDonald's, at the corner of Dapitan and Lacson Street.

Carrying a liter of minute maid on one hand and clutching my cell phone on the other, I was anticipating my brother to pass along Dapitan Street while looking around, alert and wary of the people passing by. Around me, the traffic was moving too slowly and people were impatiently honking their horns, too eager to get to their respective destinations.

I glanced at the stop lights: both were red.

Ay, this will take a while, I thought.

Just then, I noticed the car that had stopped right in front of me. The lone passenger- the driver, a man who was probably in his late forties, rolled his window open all the way down. I thought that maybe he was just going to shout at the cars in front of him, or something like that...animals...but I noticed how he turned to me and just looked- no, stared at me slowly from head to foot in my white shirt and casual pants. Last time I checked, it was normal to wear that kind of outfit.

So what's up with that?!

I suddenly had that sinking, horrible feeling that...no, I'm not even saying it!!!

My fist tightened over the one liter of minute maid which I carried in a white plastic bag, feeling apprehension and boiling rage as he went on staring at me while taking a smoke. I wanted to consider that maybe he was 'just smoking,' but do you have to NOT take your eyes off someone while smoking?! Grabe talaga.

I looked afar, wishing for the traffic to move fast so he can disappear and my brother can come to my rescue. I felt very insulted and uncomfortable as I stood there. And then I thought, maybe I should do something.

With that, I stopped texting, kept my cell phone, and matched his stare with a brave glance, as if sending him a message: 'Just you try anything funny, and I'll...' But I was seriously worried that he might get off his car and pull me in. Or something.

Thankfully, the traffic moved, and he was forced to move...away from me. And my brother came for me with a wave of fury, which I welcomed with a smile...*sigh of relief*

Pero banas talagang mga lokong yan!

Screw the society of dirty old bastards.

No comments: