Weird dream...go figure

From a distance my eyes found his
Lingering with bliss

Doubtfully I reached out for him
Sensing more than a dream

Last night, past my eight-hour duty at East Ave Delivery Room where my groupmates and I were coaching preggies to bear down ("Sige po mam, hingang malalim, pigil ang hinga...push! 1, 2, 3...") in the aromatic ambience of lochia and oh-wow morning breath galore...I fell mercifully on my bed and slept for nine hours straight. And in the nine hours, I dreamt of a vivid dream...the impressions of which lingered in my head for today...

I was walking aimlessly, as if looking for something. It was not long before I found myself wandering in a market. I saw myself slowing down in front of a stall with glass display counters where handmade trinkets and accessories were arranged neatly.
Just as I was starting to rummage through their wares, two people strolled towards the stall...si Paul at Drin, two fond friends of mine. I joyfully stopped to give them a loud cheerful hello, which they casually returned before going back to their chitchat. Feeling a bit off, I continued to search through the bracelets...thinking, "I want to give something to my lover...but which one? Maybe if I give him this brown bracelet he'll smile and look at me..."
I went around the stall and fingered through the plain brown bracelets which seemed made for guys. I took one after the other and thought that he would not like any of them.
Just as I was falling inside with disappointment, I found a thick bracelet made of mostly aqua blue beads and some yellow and red beads as added design. I told the lady at the stall that I wanted to try it out. I was gushing with excitement at seeing such a beauty that I decided to share the thrill with these two friends of mine who have been ignoring me far enough in the dream.
"Hoy! Tingnan niyo o, ang ganda! *takes the bracelet gracefully from the lady* Dali, pakabit naman...please?"
They looked at each other for a while and then Drin hesitantly stepped forward to help me, but as he was trying to put the bracelet on my wrist, it fell. It was not damaged, but as I picked it up, the two of them ignored me again...and after a while they walked away without a word. I felt so sad...so abandoned. The sad violin tune was playing in the background as I looked at them walking away...their figures getting smaller and smaller in the distance...(drama no, hahaha)
I walked on, feeling sad that I was not able to attain my objective. What now...I thought.
I suddenly walked into a fine dining restaurant situated in the lush outdoors. It was getting late. The place was filled with merry people and the area was surrounded with dim lights. In my casual wear I knew I didn't belong there, so I nervously walked...until someone in formal black coat and tie stopped me. "I've been waiting for you. Tonight, I will teach you the secret."
I asked, "What secret?"
He ignored the question and proceeded to open a chair for me. He sat across the round little table in front of us. He called the waiter with a wave of a hand.
"You will learn how to cook the secret dish. It's easy, dear." He motioned the waiter to give the tray of ingredients, which baffled me all the more as it contained leftover foods, two of which stood out for me- two pizzas: one was cheesy and the other was more with tomato sauce all over. Surprisingly, I was crying a lot as the man spoke. And there was that sad violin music again in the background, playing on and on.
"You've been looking around all day...it's simple. This one is..?"
I blurted, "Scottish." (the heck...)
He smiled approvingly and pointed to the red one.
I said, "That one's American."
He smiled and began to put them together, which made me cry on...it seemed like the answer to my objective earlier in the dream.
I thought that if this weirdo dream had a title, it'd be..."Recipe for Love." Hahaha. Fun...
Meanwhile, I'll tell the Sunday dream next time...mas intriga yun!
I looked at him and told him then,
I loved him even then...

No comments: