Reunion had me feelin' sore on mah shoulduz

Saturday seemed to be just another day at the hospital for me...catering to a psycho and a two-time stroker at both ends of the ward where I'm currently assigned.
But just when I thought I was in for a droll...even snoozin' on the way back home after...I realized I had to jump out of bed and get ready for an unanticipated socialization night with some of my high school friends. (Jo had texted me a few days ago that she wanted to see me during her one-month vacation here before going back to her school again in Taiwan, and since I was suddenly free on Saturday night, I was pressed to go).

It's you and me,
Moving at the speed of light into eternity...

Des had called me through my cellphone and was telling me to hurry so we could go to moa together for the gathering. Although both of us were actually hesitant to show up with people outside our usual circle, we decided to join in for the high school spirit, which we never really lost.

Tonight is the night to join me in the middle of ecstasy...
So after my bro dropped me off at ust, we sped to moa...engaging in a bit of mellow chitchat...I missed Desiree so much...she's been my friend for *counts* 16 years already. It's getting hard to find time to get together recently, with all the school stuff depriving us of our own free time to hang out like before.


Feel the melody in the rhythm of the music around you, around you...
When we arrived, we had to walk around for 20 minutes just to find the whereabouts of our friends...Guilly's Island...a bar and grill resto. I was expecting about 5-8 people to show up, but lo and behold...there were so many of us...aaaaaaaaa! We even beat the batch reunion, since there were more than 30 of us there. Old faces...transformations...it was a delightful meeting...I was thrilled to see some of them whom I last saw on our high school grad pa! Hmm...si Jo, Rhyan, Sha, Sheila, Raymond, George, Os, Johanna, Jay, Jude, Mau, Ralph, Alwin, Justin, Abigail, Des, Nhesthy, Karen, Hazeline, Hans, Adrian, Eunice, Anne...okay, lemme recall the rest...sorry for the poor recall...

I'm gonna take you there, I'm gonna take you there...
So don't be scared
I'm right here baby...


Ayun dinner.
Des and I took our private stroll for 15 minutes before we returned to the place. I wanted to talk with her more before we parted ways (she went home earlier than the rest). When people wanted to get ice cream, we joined the crowd...but then Os invited me to go dancemania with him, so go naman kami...and yeah, he's still got the energy for it! *frustrations* We returned to the resto after two rounds. Des and I spent a lot of time talking with other people in the crowd before she had to go home. And that's when people started drinking beer...I wasn't into peer pressure, so I skipped that part until everyone was up for arcade...

That's when this song played...how timely...since this turned out to be an unforgettable night for me.

We can go anywhere, go anywhere
But first it's your chance,
Take my hand come with me...


And siyempre, dance pad and dancemania na naman. Jumoin na rin sa batuhan game...and basketball...and trivia game...pati hockey...it was really fun. Nanibago lang ako kasi usually it's my circle that I go play with in the arcades...namiss ko tuloy sila...hayy...but then it's refreshingly fun, nevertheless...
It's like I've waited my whole life
For this one night
It's gonna be me you and the dance floor
...


Overall, kahit hindi lahat close close, I'd say successful siya kasi nag get-together talaga yung mga tao. Hindi siya nag end up na naggrouping or nagkanya-kanya yung mga tao...everyone was open and approachable and was willing to fill people in with details about their current job undertakings. There were people there na I never really talked with before during sj days...and yet, there nakachika ko sila and they responded...and that's a lot for me. May moments of hilarious reminiscing pa nga eh...and it's really special...like what I remarked sa table after dinner, "Hindi naman talaga close close yung mga tao, pero we grew up together (for 13 years, come on)...kaya masaya..."'
Coz we've only got one night

Double your pleasure
Double your fun...

And to me, that's what mattered during the night...yung sj spirit ang nanaig sa mga ngiti, sa mga kwento, sa mga kakulitan ng mga batang sj. I'd say most of us enjoyed the night...gusto pa nga wag umuwi...hahahaha. Kulit.

Kaya siya worth it.
Sa mga taong hindi nakapunta, I'd say you missed a lot!

And dance
Forever (ever, ever)
Forever (ever, ever)
...

No comments: