People need people to grow


No man is an island. Yes, it's a lamey, but it is true...it holds true to this time, especially this time that I'm reflecting on this basic thought. Why? Well it just occured to me that God actually sent me my elite set of agents- aka my true friends- to help me realize which areas I need reparing and development.

For instance, when long before when I was a rotten, untrusting pessimist who wanted to be left alone, He brought me to my lot in first year. He gave me Tiffany and Shane to help me accept and love myself. He gave me Therese, Herschel, and Leanne to help me trust people and love them unconditionally. They all helped me turn my feelings into audible words that they would gladly listen to- and not just to the limits of my notebooks and fantasy.

Later Paulo came and taught me about courage and how to value my friends right. Jonreph came with the lesson of, 'Never give up!' (tell me about it, esp. in Math)

I'm still growing, and I am happy that I am learning through this whole process. I am very thankful for the people who stood up for me, particularly in my early life. Most of all I am very grateful for God, who is forever crazy about me.

Funny bonuses...Andrew came to teach me about appreciating text messages. Now Paulo is teaching me (I think) how not to be afraid of phone calls...(will discuss this phobia some other time, it's not funny!- for those who are laughing)

Two hours ago, Lorenz and I were walking to CFAD...we discussed the need for others to grow. We rounded up on the topic of something like this: We build relationships with people and grow through sharing lives with them. It is in the nature of man to find people similar to himself and develop intimate bonds with them. This is an undeniable fact.

The only thing worse than death is being a living dead...walking the face of this world without yielding to growth.

OK, gtg- have to go back to my class by one pm...

No comments: