Anni is accused of harrassment and rape

Just this Thursday I got late for my first class in Literature. Of course, for fear that my great and admired prof Sir Hibek (who is old enough to be my grandfather) might call my attention, I just made my entrance to the class after his, only to find him standing outside the classroom door, talking to some of my classmates.

Thinking as always that I am not easily noticed among a group of people, I casually strolled down the hall to the other door of the classroom, until...

Sir Hibek: Penny...(as in 'appendix' wahahaha)
*Me, not looking*
Sir Hibek: Penny... (again?!)
*Me freezing and turning around-- imagine chibi anime*
Sir Hibek: *with arms folded against his chest, feigning arrogance* So, ginaganyan mo na lang ang Literature class ko.
Me: *strides to his right with my other classmates looking* Sir...hindi...I'm sorry...*grips his right arm with both hands*
Sir Hibek: *shrugs off my hands* Ay, don't touch me.
Me: *removes hands momentarily* Sir...noo...*hugs him tightly*
Sir: *gets shocked, along with my classmates who laugh later on* Aaaaaa, sinira mo ang virginity ko...aaaaa!
*Sister Vinoya, our sociology prof, comes out of the classroom next to ours in her active sisterly garb*
Sir Hibek: *feigning harrassed woman's cry for help* Sister, sister! Harrassment! Harrassment! Rape! Rape!
*Sister turns around to watch and laughs along*
Me: *gets enough of the laughter with my classmates, finally breaks the hug* But, sir...it's going to break my heart if you don't forgive me...
Sir Hibek: But you broke my heart by not attending my class... *followed with laughter by my classmates outside*

OK, fine...seriously I consider it my sad loss whenever I miss his classes because he's such a fun teacher with a lot of sense in his words. But it's such a dream come true to have hugged him because I'd really like him as an uncle or something closer than a teacher. If not for the age gap or the demand for distance and professionalism I'd like to go the extreme and be friends with him. Even just by being my prof, he has given me more than he thinks. Through making me laugh in his lectures, coining my nickname post-op ("Penny"), casually telling me to be strong, empathizing with my frustrations as a writer...he has inspired me to laugh at my storms in life. Aside from having the passion and talent of a writer, he's also an interesting character to explore...I believe what he's offering his students to see in him is just the tip of the ice berg...there's more, which is why I am intrigued and very much interested to have long conversations with him.

But then, that's only gonna happen in my dreams. Perhaps, when the gift of the perfect moment comes...

No comments: