Yani, Anni and the orange house

It was past seven in the evening. Just after me and my thesis groupmates concluded our meeting with another plan of meeting the following day, I typed in a text messgae intended for Yani, my firstborn daughter:

Yani, available k b nw?=) Txt

*Repeatedly presses the C button* Erase, erase...she might be sleeping in her dorm na...I thought.

I typed in another one, something similar, and sent it to her while standing outside the Main Library doorway. To my pleasant surprise she texted back immediately. We then met down at the lobby of her dorm and sat down on the plush brown couch to talk after a very long time of not talking about anything but studies and casual hellos. Then we proceeded to the orange house dun sa Antonio Street and had dinner.

I miss Yani a lot, especially nowadays that we have so much work at hand. I miss the time when we could just nag each other to play O2 Jam at Nitro on a lazy late afternoon, sometimes until the early evening before my mother came to fetch me. I miss the way we suddenly eat dinner together out of a whim and lots of coincidence, if there is such a thing, hehehe.

She is someone I can be honest with. When I stand in front of her, I discard my social masks and forget to put them on for a while...she simply makes me feel that I don't need to be in a masquerade when I am around her. She is certainly a rare find. I just pray that she feels the same when she is in front of me. She is someone I certainly wouldn't like to let go.

Later in the evening we met up with KR and Syrille talking on the nursing pav. As desired and promised I walked her back to the steps of her dorm with a satisfied smile. :) I thank God for the blessing of such fun moments...

No comments: