Rechecking my perspective

I feel hurt because I miss you. I wish I could turn back time and change the course of things.

I should have done the right thing, the kind thing- that is, being a little less too kind to you. I should not have given my heart to you.

I hate it. I wish I cannot remember but I do. It does not burn through me like way back, but I don't enjoy the torments of our past.

There never was an 'us' in this story, but there was me who loved you so much. I think it is a waste of time, energy and emotions.

I am close to resurfacing the ocean of sadness. I will have fully outgrown you then.

I hope you are okay. I hope that you are in God's grace. I love you, that is why I let you go.

Now it's time for me to get back to reality and go on with my life. I will put you away in my mind like a box of toys in an adolescent's room.

No comments: