The Second Canvass (part 2)

I never want to sink too low under the quicksand. Never again.

This second canvass offers a lot more than the pleasure of a second chance to start over. It requires a lot of responsibility and care on my part. Also, it begs for tender care...not that I'm being negatively rough- I have to watch myself and be more cautious in every action I take in relation to this second chance. I ought to take it slow, take care of every stroke, take care that I don't mess up again. Ah, so much pressure! But I shall learn to live with it.

But the way, I slept only at around 4 a while ago, thanks to my dog and also with the graduation speech I fashioned in about two hours.

And this just in yesternight: I am glad I didn't have to totally give up painting this portait. I am still fallen on my knees, overwhelmed by this blessing... Lord, be with me as always. I don't want to get too crazy about it and thus forget you, the source of my every happiness, the one who truly holds me and sustains me in all that I aim to do and to be.

No comments: