Birthday Girl Is Happy

April 25, 2006- I celebrated by 19th birthday. People kept teasing me that I was gurang na and matanda na and all that, hehehe. Yes, I felt kind of reflective and lonely about this, but all I can say is that I am happy for what I am now, including 'my bad's and 'nice one's. I used to have this fear of growing up because children seem happier than the adults, but now I think it is a necessary evil, being human and all, hehehe. No, maybe it is more of a purpose. :) Yep, it is...

Weeks before my birthday my favorite aunt gave me a silver anklet- my first anklet- as a birthday present to me.

Days before my birthday I got my first real greeting from looking at Christian's blog (he sang the birthday song and posted it there, hahaha) and thought he might have miscalculated, hahahaha. Nice try, though- it gave me a bit of the anticipation then.

The best gift I got for my birthday came just two days before the real day. Shuri. For discretion purposes I don't think I'd elaborate. I am just happy that Shuri's back.

A day before my birthday I displayed the birthday song in my YM without realizing that it was going to become a bait for those who did not really know the exact date! I soon found myself explaining briefly to a few people (Jordi, Lorenz, Kat, Robin) about the unintended bluff. Jonreph and Bern reacted differently, and did not fall for it (duh, if they did, that would be a shame, hehehe). I also talked with Rea.

I was a bit lonely when I realized that two of my closest friends would not be around: Paulo and Bern. But later on, I felt hopeful as Bern told me a day before that she was not going until the 26th or way later...yes!

When the clock struck 12 at 4-25-06, Bern sent to me a text and also typed the birthday song in YM with alternating big small letters, so that's really effortful (or so she claimed, hehehe). But much to her disappointment, Ma was waay ahead of time, and sent a text, much to her disappointment. The funny thing about this is that, Ma was just a room away when she sent the message, so I really laughed. Bern took it on Jonreph and laughed at him for greeting ten minutes later (shallow, hahahah!).

I slept that night while hoping for a miracle that Ma would allow me to go have lunch with some of my closest friends.

Next morning, my prayers were not in vain when Ma pushed me out of bed, telling me to hurry up if I'm going. And gladly I did, slowly digesting the good news as I packed a few clothes and got in the car without changing my night clothes (lest Albert becomes late because of me). I quickly texted Jonreph, Bern, and Shuri about it.

I stopped over for my bath and grooming at the mansion at 8am (rented place in Mendiola) and had breakfast at Shuri's (pan de sal, cheeesedog, h20, with piano and chika on the side). The greetings came in really fast. 12nn we walked with Jonreph to Greenwich. Bern followed just minutes later carrying 19 roses on a bouquet- which came to me as a very pleasant surprise. Bern, Shuri, and I had the same drinks and food (chicken and lasagna); Rep preferred chicken. I also bought assorted pizza squares, which we slowly finished.

Rep and Bern suggested Gateway for the rest of the time I had with them, but I didn't want to risk it (I was due at 2pm). So we stayed there and talked endlessly until all the customers sitting on the second floor left. We decided to use Bern's phone cam and began to take a lot of pictures (and scandal vids, hehehe).

I was called back by my brother at around 2:30pm. I urged the three of them to go to Gateway and play that House of The Dead game or something. I hurried back and rode home.

At home I felt sad that it had to be over, haay. I had a lot of chores still left undone. The sink was full and the weekly laundry was still wet (grr). But I finished and made small business talk with my Pa. There's a problem, though- he doesn't even know my birthdate! So he was flaring and he didn't really want to fight with me...so maybe this one part that I didn't feel like jumping about my birthday, hehehe.

Night. I treated my fam with pizza while waiting for the washing machine to be filled with water. I watched some shows, played guitar and composed another song. Then I took a bath, chores again, then the laundry again while texting, and then waay later I decided to sleep beside mama, who was busily doing her cross stitch. We watched some crime suspense shows, had a good talk, and I fell asleep...un na un, hehehe.

Thanks to:
Calls received for the day: Rep, Sha, Papa, Christian
Ecard: Herschel
Bouquet: Bern (thanks rin for coming to see me and more than that!)
Texts: Di-i, Christian, Mama, Bern, Rep, Shuri, Siku, Uncle Joel, Shane, Diku, Therese, Jordi, Julie, Arianne, Ian, Jefferson, Tiffany, Sha, Aunt Lilia, Cob, Bianca, Bequa...(I hope I didn't forget anyone here...)

Ok people, it's April 26, 6pm...have not eaten rice for the day because I was not feeling hungry...but now my stomach is wailing in protest, so I have to zoom for the kitchen! I'm 19 years old, I can't believe it...thank God...

No comments: