7 days to my birthday

Yeah, I'm counting. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but regardless of that, I think I am experiencing prebirthday sentiments. Reflecting on my life, I feel sad about the things that I missed and the mistakes that I made.

But well, I did grow a lot past all that hardship. I am happy I have been given 21 years of chance to grow, and constantly I am still breathing, so I know I still have a lot of growing to experience. For that, I thank God. It is a miracle in itself that I am still able to write this entry...I am alive, I realize. Despite the many chances that I could lose my life...well, I am still here.

I've mentioned my failures in life...mistakes and missed opportunities...which made me grow. From that, I recall one aspect of my life which I'm sure I've had a lot of success in- my quality friendships.

I know I cultivate friendships in the most unlikely places. It's exciting, scary...but it brings a lot of joy in my life to touch lives with others who had seemed so far from me. It gets even more rewarding to be part of other worlds through them. My endless walks and pointless adventures led me to most of my friends belonging to this category. When two people clash in this random world and experience a leap of faith in one another...I call that a miracle.

Of course I will never forget my old friends whom I've grown old with...those people whom I've known since I was in preschool, in grade school or in high school. They are exceptional miracles for me...that even very long times apart could not separate our mysterious bonds with one another. Despite my growing number of great friends past my SJ years, I always find myself going back to them amidst our busy college lives. I used to wonder what made my relationships with them so special. I will always remember that instance when someone answered that question for me, when one of them, si Osmond, said, "Lumaki tayo sabay-sabay...hindi biro yun."

And that was enough for me to smile and realize that fact which holds us together so deeply to this day. Walanghiyang mga bata talaga...hahahaha.

I hope to spend my first days with them as an official young adult. Hahahaha. Yey. Yeah, things change constantly...and I believe some of them just get better and better each year. :)

No comments: