Brace-friendly diet, house arrest, birthday, at ang kabalbalang recipe ni peachay

Mama's Day-

Tomorrow, 5-24-07, my mother turns 44. Hahahay, and I still don't believe she looks like the typical 44 year-old. She's so playful...a sizzle of emotional ground and lots of energy.

Anyway kaya nga ako nagluto ng spaghetti, trying my best to make it more edible hahaha. Thankfully she immediately took a plate out for herself before her all-girls-out dinner tonight. Nakakatuwa nga at meron namang ganun kasi mostly ma's with her orig 24 year-old barkada from college, named Falcons (dahil ata to sa Voltes V, mga weirdoes hahahaha). And her being with them meant spending time being one of the boys, kasi originally 13 sila, 3 girls. Yung isang girl evicted, ung isa married sa states. So she's now the 'muse of the group,' as the remnants of the group in the country tease her.

Braces Are Meant To Kill (or Starve)-

Kanina I got a pleasant phone call from my best friend Jonreph. Naturally asaran galore na naman kami, so ok, hehehe...what's new about that...

Ay, oo, he's got the wires since thursday (braces na pare, wahooo, retoke galore)...and their placings are worse than mine, kahit nasira pa yung akin (yeah, just 4 hours after my dental visit nataggalan ako ng 2 sa left, at dahil magbabakasyon si doc meg, they're scheduled to be recemented this Saturday pa, kumusta naman hahaha), wahahaha.

I am so much better off (aw, wawa repa...:)) kahit may molar bands rin ako, which forces me to a very strict diet of only soft chewable foods. That even means no fries (I tried it kasi and it hurt T.T). And currently 3 days na kong no rice, no meat (except that crab stick I sliced thinly for my cream soup). Uy ha, si Rep nga umusad lang sa level when he ate fish, but then he can't beat me with all my guts to try (and hurt) with my food preferences...

Pero lam niyo, honestly, this dieting of mine gives a good lesson: Feeling with my patients. Kasi di ba sa hospital uso ang DAT (diet as tolerated), soft diet, diabetic diet, NPO (nothing per orem- no food at all)...atbp, eh dahil sa mga ito pwedeng maging crabby at sungiters ang mga alagang pasyente. So that requires understanding from the caregivers, the nurses...and ayun, so dahil dito sa experience na ito I expect na matututo tlga akong mag-empathize with them as I start my empathy with Jrep (na di hamak na mas kawawa pa sa kin, seriously).

Speaking of which...the hardest I've ingested without feeling bad orally was boiled bananas- a real treat for peachie, hehehe, love those sweet bananas. :) Other than that, I already allowed these in my meal plans-
  • noodle soup (preferrably chicken- and with egg)
  • eggs (soft naman)
  • choco fudge cake (though I didn't last with it kasi too sweet for my taste)
  • lugaw (pero tamad ako magprepare so that's just for the record)
  • all beverages
The super no-no's I've tested (and ended up feeling ouchy and all)-
  • pizza (I ate the toppings only and left the crust)
  • chicken (I tried to cut them into pieces but...)
  • pechay (nagsstick siya eh, grr)
  • fries (every bite exudes mortal anguish from my nerves, hahaha)
  • chicken steak (I successfully ate everything because wla pa ung pressure then)
  • hotdogs (it looked inviting sa bfast table kanina, but the sensation..!)
  • siomai (aaaaa mama kasi nang-inggit...no, can't)
A Matter of Stubbornness-

Hmm...now on why I have two brackets removed accidentally just FOUR hours after getting cemented in...I think it was the garlic chicken steak...natural hindi pa masakit then so I thought I could handle it. Basta, hmmm...you know me, may pagka...no, talagang makulit ako, oo na, hahahahaha!

Peachie's Mocha Frappe- (inspired by an afternoon of vanilla frappe with Jrep and Des sa starbucks, sm north)

Here's a successful recipe to share with you: (ganyan pla pag sinusumpong ako, hehehe) While cooking spaghetti, I perfected my experimental mix of mocha frappe, check it out (especially sa mga batong bato na)-

You need:
  • table spoon
  • ice
  • cold water
  • hot water
  • instant coffee
  • instant choco powder
  • refined white sugar
  • whipped cream (aka all-purpose cream, preferrably the easy-whip type)
  • creamer (optional, coz I tried it but I don't really drink coffee so para sa kin arte lang ito hahaha)
Instructions:
  1. Refrigerate the whipped cream for about 30 mins (para maging thick siya, maniwala kayo, sikreto ito ng mga gumagawa ng graham ref cakes).
  2. Measure powdered coffee on the table spoon- that is, it should not be heaping and should only cover 3/4 of the spoon surface (grabe ang professional ng measurements, hahahaha). *Kung hindi, super pait and it ruins the bittersweet mocha flavor, maniwala kayo, hahaha...
  3. Siyempre ilagay niyo un sa baso (I made use of an appox. 420ml glass, about twice bigger than the average).
  4. Measure 3 heaping tablespoons of choco powder and put in as well. Pag gusto niyo may creamer, eh di put in one teaspoon, feel niyo eh, bakit ba...
  5. Put in two tablespoons of sugar (do not heap ha, if you don't want diabetes in your later life, hahaha).
  6. Add hot water just enough to melt the mix. Using the spoon, halo lang until it dissolves (obviously pag hindi ganun kainit ang h2o, may mga solutes pa yan kahit anong halo niyo, hahaha).
  7. Add cold water to 2/3 level of the glass. Mix.
  8. Add 5 ice cubes (I thought kasi 5 is the magical number kasi pag less, kulang. Pag 6, sobra na. In short, optimal number, by experience). But then again, if your glass is just THAT big at mayabang kayo, eh di bahala kayo, hahaha, kayo naman iinom niyan eh, hehehe.
  9. Finally, (and my favorite) add two spoonfuls of refrigerated whipped cream (do not overdo, kasi pag sobra ito, nakakaduwal ang beverage- tested ko na rin yan, hahahaha!).
  10. Enjoy. Comment kayo dito pag natry niyo na (I DARE YOU!), hahaha. Love y'all! :)

No comments: