Addiction and Nostalgia

Just when I thought it'd never happen again...

I am currently back into the blues...literally and figuratively. Hahaha. I can't shake off my addiction to Megaman...now for the first time I'm attempting to finish x5 myself instead of having to watch my brothers do it. Years ago I finished x4. Now here is a new challenge for me while I got the time.

I have always been a fan since his days in his original Japanese form...Rockman was his primitive name- played in game boy and good old famicom. And surely the game was harder then. Only the real gamers could finish the whole thing since it took a lot of smarts and a lot of time (since the memory card was not invented yet) to sit and get it done. My uncle, whom I look up to as one of them with the rare hands for this, had his days and nights with the controller. I can still remember the times when we kids would huddle close to him and watch him with awe as he finished stage after stage, blasting pellets to kill off enemies onscreen in classic 2D. Our excitement sometimes got us pushing him to continue the game (kids talaga, hahaha) despite his need to sleep, study (he's a college student then) and make it to his scheduled appointments (like dates?). Hahahaha.

Anyway, I'm currently playing it. After a long time of being just part of the audience...I now have the opportunity to hone my gaming skills and finish this! Of course I have to thank Keiji Inafune for being the genius behind the characters X and Zero. *claps*

No comments: