May mga bagay na kailangang matagal bago mapakinabangan

Like ice tubes, for instance.

Ice tubes, which really bummed me since the quenching of my thirst was postponed...but yes, quenched. Just three hours ago I was trying to prepare an icy glass of coke as an appetizer for my first meal of the day. I was not too happy to find a big chunk of ice in the freezer instead of separate ice tubes.

So what I did was, I took the ice box and put water in it in an attempt to melt and separate them. In the end I got about four, just perfect for a cold drink...ohhhh yeah. Tulad nga ng sabi rin ni Ahia Andrew at ni Christian Bautista, the best things in life are free.

But here's a deeper insight on ice tubes...the way I see it, there are just some things in life that one cannot hurry. Like school work, for instance. Like growing up and growing old. Like love. Tulad nga ng sabi ng friend kong si Maski, it takes time. To follow that, patience is a virtue.

Well unfortunately it doesn't work so well for me, since I am a very impatient wreck. But it is inevitable with knowledge deficit- with the wrong outlook. In the process of waiting without proper insight, there will really be whining on why things take too long. And also, it's a waste of energy to complain when nothing gets done anyway with it, so why do that, right? So a proper perspective of things will suffice in the long wait.

But yeah, we are, in variable aspects, complicated people. And we are creatures of God too, so we should know how to go about it...and here comes the issue of trust, of faith. One of God's three possible answers to our questions is "wait."  With faith, defined briefly as believing without seeing, we are compelled to go on in spite of being in the dark. In spite of not really knowing how things will turn out sooner or later, we are called to hold on to this mysterious element which can drive us to persevere in life despite our questions...

It takes a lot of faith to believe that God is in control of things and knows what he is doing with our lives...and it's the only way we can surely survive through this labyrinth called life.

No comments: