I hate BFDD!!! Ang aking litanya...bow!

Past my reviewing of other people's thoughts displayed on words, I am now freaking out with the fact that there are some girls who just can't get enough of their boyfriends!!! I know I can be a bastard...hell, I know I AM, hahaha...but it just irritates me so to realize how some girls can be overly attached to their boyfriends that they can't talk about anything else but their mate! It's a syndrome I call BFDD (Boyfriend Dependency Disorder).

Come on! Don't you girls think you deserve a life? I mean a life apart from your lovebirds? It's not like you're going to live a half life if you tried to, that's a lie if you believe that. Man, it's just sick to think that you can't live without this certain person, regardless of whether he is a significant other or what...it's sucks, and it's pathetic, so wake up. It's a fallacy, see- do you actually die when you are forced to tear yourself away from the company of this person whom you think is THAT significant to your ADLs (activities of daily living)?

Well of course it's an exception if you're blessedly married, since it's the real thing and you are, after all, already bound together by God, and I love that, no problem with it.

But with boyfriends and girlfriends...do you not see how futile it is? I believe having one especially at an early age is just a load of bull, since it is a relationship wherein you just pretend to be husband and wife to each other (yeah, it's NOT real!). It's almost like a nursery kid's version of playhouse wherein there's a mom, a dad...but the situation gets more real with the age and the consequences are REAL...you get the drift.

Here's where I apply my frequent line: "You can't manage yourself...so why manage other people's lives (or even try to)?" A blind man cannot lead a blind man because that would certainly bring more harm than good (the good book says so, too). This pathetic waste of time and precious ATP adds to my pile of rage.

And here's another major issue...girlfriends who become too attached to their respective boyfie bastards tend to act like a satellite...the moon, for instance...and their guys plays the role of the rotating earth. I call this the lunar trend. These girls do not realize that there are other dimensions of the universe to see in the form of people they love...they just go dancing around and around their respective "earths" as much as they want. They got friends, got family, got studies...all these become one big load of nuisance for them in this spin that they have chosen to stick with.

Gravity, gravity...the law of attraction? Ay, load of bull...a good reason to call it the "lunacy trend." Hahahaha.

Experiences...

I have a friend who's told me about his pain with this, that whenever he has female friends who develop boyfriend-girlfriend relationships and get overly attached, he takes the backseat, becomes forgotten like old furniture in the basement and later on realizes that he has to take a hike since he is (or feels) no longer needed.

I have felt this way a few times, and I hate it- it sucks to have to take the backseat when you want to sit with the person out front as you always did! There are instances that I picture myself to be that whining kid who insists on taking the front seat of love instead of the newcomer whom I'm undeniably jealous of! (A bout of jealousy is a given especially when you know you can do better that he can! Hahaha!)

"You're just a bitter, inexperienced bitch." or is it, "Oh, Anni you need a new source of insight (to change that)."

First of all I am not bitter (my shot comes later, if God wants to give it to me). And NOT inexperienced (well, yeah technically I am, given that I just renewed my NBSB (no boyfriend since birth) membership for this year, thanks), but then knowledge will suffice for now). And most especially I don't see the need for new source of insight in the form of a guy- how sick can that get?
Similarly people have accused me of being such a bastard in my opinion about premature relationships (aka having a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship at this early age- and take note, I'm turning 21 next month as I write this, hahaha). They try to show me that I am just being this way because I have not experienced the thrill of relationships...having someone to carry your stuff, having someone who's gushing mad to see you everyday...to have and to hold, to hug and to kiss *feigns fainting and kiligers to the max* And all those things Hollywood keeps feeding us through the big screen...hahahaha.

Yah, that's just unnecessary. At least last time I checked, it is, all a waste of time...time which can rather be used for nurturing relationships and productivity.

The mix-up theory-

I have read somewhere that the highest rate of failed marriage started with intensity 100something relationships (as in sky-rocket, passion-all-the-way). I say that's not really surprising...as infatuation (intense attraction) is a counterfeit of love. We are caught in the mixup of that which is similar to love (and what do our young minds know about love, but...hahahaha), but beware that, "infatuation in a minute smolders you whole, yet love forever warms the soul."

Another dimension of the mixup theory is the attraction, the camaraderie and the commitment. Somehow people have a knack for messing with the lines drawn between these three things (even I admit I do). Attraction occurs when one is taken by one aspect of a whole personality (mostly the source of infatuation and sky-high passion). Camaraderie occurs when one yearns to constantly interact with another soul and in the process becomes attached to him or her in the name of mutual friendship (which may at times also be mistaken for something different). Commitment is a decision wherein a person finds this one lone mate whom he or she wants to spend a lifetime with- and mutually commits to them.

All involve some kind of love. All involve giving time and 'commitment' to keep them alive. But they are three different things. They can be mixed up. There are people who are only attracted. There are people who are in friendship. There are people who are attracted and in friendship. And in the rarest circumstance, there are a few who are attracted, in friendship and can commit for a lifetime. Beware of counterfeits! And based on my presented definition, there is no such thing as sole commitment- that is a lie. How can you commit without the steadfast foundation of friendship? Likely it is attraction thought to be commitment.

And finally, the conclusion-

In the end it just saddens me to think that beautiful opportunities and nurturing relationships around us are wasted with something that only glitters like gold but is NOT actually worth as much...not even worth anything...not even worth the time. I feign being bastard here, but I am seriously lamenting for those people who fail to see how big the world is...if they only allow themselves to come free of their shallow concept of the world somehow...they would surely find more than what they think they already have.

You know what? Screw deception. Screw knowledge deficit. Not the girls...just the sad fact that they are stuck there and are prone to learn of their mistakes in due time...in the hard way past the experience.

No comments: